Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Guilt-Free Tuna Melt


Here's a recipe I made up that was posted a couple months ago in my "Healthy Chicks" blog. But, I just love it that much that I simply had to post it again here...enjoy! This tuna melt is no sinful indulgence. Rather, it's guilt-free and yummy. What more could you ask for?

-1 small can tuna
-1 TB olive oil
-Oregano(or herb of choice) to taste
-Dill to taste
-dash of salt and pepper
-1/2 apple (chopped)
-5-10 raisins
-1 piece Ezekiel bread (or whole wheat if you like) *I like Ezekiel because it's gluten free/wheat free and organic
-1 piece soy cheese (cheddar/jack/mozzarella, etc)
-few pieces arugula or spinach to top

1. Toast the bread with slice of cheese
2. In the meanwhile, mix together the other ingredients well
3. Spread the tuna on the bread and top with arugula
4. Eat the extras as a delicious side!

Mmmm : )


0 comments: