Thursday, October 8, 2009

Fall Spice Chocolatey Fruit Smoothie

I invented this smoothie this a.m. for breakfast because we were running low on food in n the fridge. I threw together a few ingredients, blended them up and voila: we have a perfect, rich 'n' flavorful smoothie for fall.


-1 cup light chocolate soymilk (or chocolate almond milk)
-1 medium banana
-handul frozen strawberries (about 1/2 cup)
-1 tsp. cinnamon
-1 TB flaxseed oil
-1 tsp. pumpkin spice (optional)

Blend all the ingredients together in a blender, making sure the frozen strawberries are well chopped and blended in. Pour into a glass and serve with a piece of toast, or take it on the go for a lovely headin'-to-work-treat : ) This smoothie is energizing and full of flavor, with an extra fall kick!

"Hi Rachel...I wanted to let you know I tried your fall choc. smoothie and it was amazing. I love flaxseed, so this is a great alternative to putting it in my yogurt. You have really great recipes."-Kelsey, 20

0 comments: