Monday, August 16, 2010

Beauteous Baked Salmon with Lemon Dill Sauce & Asparagus



I was craving salmon all day long but didn't want the usual boring grilled I usually go for in the summer. Hence I made up my own recipe using some ingredients in the fridge plus a few other additions I picked up at the grocery store. When my roommate came home from the gym and said "WOW, what smells so good?" I knew I did something right. Let's just say, it turned out absolutely delicious, soooo delicious that after the last bite I wished I had more. YUM.


-4 oz. salmon fillet
-2 TB plain greek yogurt
-1 tsp. yellow mustard
-1 tsp. dijon mustard (or another fancy variety of your choice)
-approximately 2 TB fresh dill
-a small bundle of asparagus (enough for one serving plus some leftovers)
-1 TB freshly grated parmesan cheese
-1 TB olive oil
-1 clove garlic, crushed
-juice of 1/2 lemon
-s & p

1. Preheat oven to 375. In the meantime, line a baking sheet with large sheet of tin foil. Prepare asparagus by removing the "stems" and keeping the tips (the yummy part).

2. Place salmon in the middle of the tray and add asparagus to each side of the fish. Drizzle olive oil, parmesan cheese, garlic, salt and pepper over the asparagus. In a small cup or bowl, mix together the lemon juice, yogurt, and mustards. Spread over the salmon, covering all the edges, then top with fresh dill.

3. Wrap everything up in foil so that it's completely covered (loosely). Bake for 20 minutes and serve immediately!

0 comments: