Sunday, July 26, 2009

Itsa Pizza Party: Gluten Free Pizza!

I was craving a good pizza pie the other night, but unfortunately have a sensitivity to wheat so was going to just make one for my family. Then I decided to make my own gluten free pizza  to enjoy and share with everyone. (Hey, I didn't want to miss out or anything!) Turns out they liked it just as much (or more) than me!

Ingredients*:
*Note: this recipe is both vegetarian and gluten free!
-Gluten free dough (You can buy at any health food store. I lucked out because my local pizza joint sells it!)
-1/2 large tomato (sliced into thin wedges)
-1/4 to 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese cut into thin slices
-1 clove garlic, crushed
-2 to 4 TB Extra Virgin Olive Oil
-Oregano, Basil and Parsley to taste (Fresh is best!)

1. Preheat oven to 400 and have your pizza stone or cookie sheet ready and greased with cooking spray or olive oil.
2. If dough is already formed (as it usually is when store-bought), your ready to start putting the toppings on! If dough is not formed into a pizza pie shape, mold it into a circle or square (up to you)!
3. Top the pie with olive oil and crushed garlic with a cooking brush, making sure you cover the entire pizza.
4. Then, add the cheese, tomatoes and herbs evenly throughout the pie. Add to taste. (If you absolutely loooove oregano, go a little crazy with it!)
5. Mangia!  : ) 


0 comments: